18 December 2011

How Lucky Was It?


On a rainy day I went to school, it was a typically day and during class Ivan sent me a text to tell me he just found out the Femme Fatale tour dvd was out at Target. Ivan being the hardcore Britney fan that he is was disappointed that he did not put the event on his calendar. I sent him a text back saying I would go with him if he waited until I got out of class. He picked me up from school and we went to Target.

On the ride over he told me he also had to stop at a Coin Star to turn his loose change into cash. Lucky for him the Super Fresh across the street from Target had a machine. It was a typical Vixc B and Ivan outing. We made jokes and Laughed at the dumbest things. We argued only to realize we were arguing the same point.

After going to target we deposited my check and then we hit up the coin star and when all was said and done Ivan was on his way to customer service to get 8 dollars and 88 cents. He was extremely thrilled at the number. He acclaimed it was a sigh something lucky was going to happen. We went back to his place and he could not wait to watch Britney. I was just about to head out after a few songs because I needed to find a second job. My hours at Serafina were not enough to pay my new rent and I refused to ask for my job back at Starbucks.

Just after I explained to Ivan what I had planned for the rest of my day, my phone rang. It was one of the managers at my job asking when I was going to come in for training. I was training to be the second night baker there was only one meaning he had to work every night and he was going to be off Saturday night. So I scheduled two nights of training and that was that. Then I got a text that one of the barista's quit and they were not hiring a replacement. I now no longer needed a second job. I turn to Ivan and told him what happened. I the exclaimed, “It's 888.” he laughed and pointed out that it was his 888 and my new fortune had nothing to do with him.

We decided to watch some more of the concert before Ivan had to go to work. I decided to go along for the ride. The plan was to tag along while Ivan went tanning then we would walk to Starbucks together and part ways after I got a drink.

It was pouring and the gas station was crowded so Ivan decided to just go to the gas station near the tanning salon. While waiting for the light at 20th and Arch street Ivan's car mad a strange sound, then it gave a shutter and then nothing, out of gas. He looked at me, “Oh my gaud, what do I do?” I suggested calling AAA but he didn't have it. So we decided to just walk to the gas station, get a gas can and enough gas to fill the can then get gas at the gas station.

Now mind you it is poring out and Ivan is about to be late for work. We decided he would stay with his car and I took his card to get the gas, this way if a cop came to the care he would be able to give all the proper information. Poor kid started freaking out when all the cars started beeping, after all it was the middle of rush hour in the rain.

The guys at the gas station moved slower than molasses in February, but I got the can and gas and got back to Ivan. At this point I am soaked and the can way more complicated than we both thought it would be. The spout had three different pieces and it had been years since I even looked at a gas can yet alone used one but we did our best, two gay guys who's idea of performing maintenance is calling dad or a professional.

We eventually got enough gas in the car for it to start, we have no idea how much got waisted. Ivan decided to still go tanning before work after we got gas. A good hand washing later and a few pages in my book he was done and we headed to Starbucks.

On the way I mentioned 888 and he shot me a look of death and asked how he was lucky and I simply said, “You could have had to deal with it on your own.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment