20 December 2011

Tabu Lounge & The Waiter

My two new friends and I got really busy doing our own things, Ivan was dealing with his stuff, Icon was planning events and I was dealing with my trifecta, Work, School, Men.

Soon my work schedule stabilized and Icon, Ivan and I were hanging out more, our favorite spot became Tabu Sports Lounge.

One night when hanging out with Icon he showed the Bartender his ID and the price dropped from 4.50 for his City Wide to 3 something. That is when he explained the Industry discount and ever since I got my sticker it has been or default.

Tabu had been one of my spots ever since I found out I dated the manager Adam. During my stent living in Jersey whenever I came to Philly I would stop buy and if he was not working he would by me a drink and we would catch up. I got to know a lot of the people that worked there. Adam then moved away and I had no real reason to stop by until one of the guys from Pita Pit started working as a bar back. To support him I would stop by from time to time and have a drink.

Then Ivan saw the place and fell for it, and before I knew it, it was the preferred spot in the Gayborhood over Woody’s. Lots of memories were made in Tabu, some involving, Raymone and a few others.  

There was a night when I was hanging with the guys and I pointed a few people out to them, there was my favorite bar back, the new bar back my friend, the bartender who I could not help but flirt with, and a waiter whom I had heard things about from Adam when he worked there.

That same night the waiter walked over to us and over herd me talking about how I used to be a house wife. He smiled and shot me a look of interest. Hard to believe there are some gay men out there who want that 50’s life but with a man. I was kind of flatted when he asked, “What’s wrong with that?” I always thought he was cute.

A few nights later he came over and started talking to Icon about his upcoming reggae night. Icon told him about some of his parties, the most recent being Dassit, the electro soul funk party where he performed. The two exchanged numbers and I pretended to be angry, we just laughed.

As we frequented Tabu more and more we bumped into him more and one night I decided to take his number from icon and put an end to the madness.  The thing was he came off as totally straight and I was attracted to him, and in cases such as these they always turn out to be straight.

I sent him a polite text saying hi and the conversation ensued.  I eventually did ask what his deal was and he asked why. I figured what is the worst that could happen. I told him that I thought he was hot but didn’t want to mess up what could be a friendship if he was not into me like that. He never did answer my question but it was insinuated he might go for guys.

Later there was a comment about a white horse and a few other things that sent me into a state of confusion. I had walked away from the first conversation thinking he was not into me, and the second conversation left me thinking he liked white guys, but there was a white horse in the room and the other comments are just to Taboo to mention.   

No comments:

Post a Comment