07 April 2013

There is More To Passover!


I was reading about the Jewish holidays and I was shocked to learn that Passover is more than observing rituals it is about becoming self-aware and moving past things that have hindered you. All of Passover I was dealing with a broken heart and took the time to evaluate how I continually allow this to happen and have allowed my heart to hinder me from living the life that I should.

Well it is no secret of what I have learned and how I am trying to keep my heart from taking over my life. The leading men have all found ways to leave permanent marks on my heart and the most important thing that has happened, Mister M.

The other day I was sending a pic, that I recently took of myself, to some friends and was about to not send it to Mister M when I realized I was not looking for his approval or for him to call me sexy or attractive just for him, like all my other friends, to see the pic.

Mister M is now just a friend because I took the time to put my heart in check. No matter what emotion I am feeling I am able to stop and think now. Where I used to allow my heart to take action I can now breathe and think and act in ways that I will not latter regret.

While Passover is a wonderful time to spend eating with family and remembering what happened in Egypt so many years ago, the cool part is that there is still an applicable aspect to it for today. While I may always be in my head and trying to tweak myself here and there, Passover is a time when Jews are to look over their lives and examine what is holding them back, what are they being a slave too. This Passover I did just that. I am enjoying learning how to be a better Jew because in all honesty it is making me a better person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment