07 April 2013

Waiting For Him To Develop

The other day when my sister called me to wish me a Happy Birthday we got to talking about a certain guy she likes and whom clearly likes her. The thing is he is younger and she made a profound statement, “I am sure he is the one but I think I just have to wait for him to grow up.” It made me think, “Is that what we are required to do when we find the one, Wait?”

It is common knowledge that men mature slower than women and some men mature faster than others. I look at my mother and she also is waiting for a man to grow up. It seems no matter how old you are if there is a man involved there is a maturity curve that requires waiting out.

I look at my past relationships and it would seem a big flaw of mine is my inability to wait. I have the same notion that a lot of women have. I want to meet the right guy fall in love and get married. I want to know fro day one that we are on the same page and I want to see that things are moving in the right direction. The moment that it seems the relationship is not going to turn serious or that it looks like it will be years before the talk of marriage will come up I bale. Patience is a virtue. I look at the past few guys who I honestly thought could have been the one, the 21 year old, Mister M, Mister Wonderful and Doctor MeTo and they all required that I be patient.

I had to wait for the 21 Year old to mature, Mister M to make up his mind, Mister Wonderful to have more time, and MeTo to finish school. However in my mind the clock is ticking and after waiting years for many men in my life I continually convince myself that a guy who wants me will make it clear he wants me for life and show it even if we are not yet talking marriage. 


I guess the biggest question that must be asked is, “How do you know a man is worth waiting for?” if I knew the answer to that I would not be single. Yet still I would imagine it is all in how he makes you feel and have that conversation about what you and he wants out of life. If you want the same things and you can see yourself falling in love give him the time and take your time. Enjoy what time you spend together and remember there should be specific things that you are sure he is capable of that your reasons for waiting are. Waiting for a man to change is never a good idea but waiting for him to develop more into the man that you see before you can never be wrong. I wish to G-d someone gave me this advice 4 years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment