08 December 2012

New Bed, Old Habits


The time came when I was finally able to afford a real bed. With excitement I went and purchased a mattress set and the bed I was eying at Ikea. A week later my room was all set up with curtains, bed set, and finally Verizon FiOS.

I had noticed that I was repeating some old habits, mainly sleeping on my old one third of the bed and the same side that I slept on when I was with Dr. MeTo. Recently I decided that there was no need to keep to old sleeping habits. Even my subconscious begged me to change my habits. I would wake to find my head on the other side of the bed and my legs here they were when I feel asleep.

Finally the day came when I changed sides of the bed all together. I slept on the other side of the bed but my subconscious remained unsatisfied and I woke in the middle of the bed. Was my subconscious trying to tell me something other than the fact I needed to stop ACTING like I am in a relationship?

 I had to make the conscience admission to myself that I want to sleep on one side because at some point I would be back in a relationship. In the reality of it all I needed to enjoy the word of dating and not focus on the end result.

Last nigh I just hopped in the bed tried to spread from corner to corner and fell asleep. When I woke up, no bad dreams and I awoke in the same position. 

No comments:

Post a Comment