01 December 2008

The Pink Pub Crawl

Jason told me to get to his place at 8:00 so we would arrive at 8:45 as the crawl started at 9:00. I was 15 min late and he in true Jay Fashion was still not ready. We even had to wait on our friend Liz. Once she arrived and we hurried Jason some we went to pick up Tia and her friend.

Then we had to go pick up pot for two out of the five people going it set us back so far that we for went the first bar in the crawl.

The hood was alive and strong Tavern on Camac was the second stop on the crawl and the first for us. I had been once before and loved it but could never convince my friends to go instead of Woody's. as it was a pink pub crawl Tavern or TPC as it is called played every pink dance mix it possibly could.

Having to wait a half hour we made the best of it that we could, watching the drunk queen spin around the dance floor, our friend Tia dance with the mirror and I listened to Liz tell sort of funny stories, and laughed appropriately.

When the bar began to get crowded, we went to look for the guy with tickets so we could start drinking. no luck upstairs to get a drink I went down stairs and for the first time in my life I had to wait to get back into a place. My kamikaze was offal to much lime. I finally got back to the dance floor and found my friends the music was changing and it was approaching the hour where we move on. The next stop was Bump a place that has great significance it would seem every guy that I was in a serious relationship no matter how short has bought me a drink from this place and the time we have always sets the tone of the relationship.

I was not feeling the kamikaze at all. So I ordered another I always feel the second. Bump was bumping its only flaw was lack of a dance floor. The orange bar that normally glows bright was almost completely bock by all the body ordering drinks. The thing I always hated about bump was the bartenders attitudes. I guess because bump is the one place every gay guy has been to and promises to go again they just feel no need to be polite, or it could be because its normally a last stop before pure or home and everyone is pinching money when it comes to tips.

We found a table and did what everyone in bump dose, we caught up with each other while bumping into our friends. First it was Jeff, Ramon's roommate that I once had crush one. I was feeling loose and everyone noticed apparently. It was like no matter what I did tonight people kept staring. Their was one guy across the bar that Tia agreed was charming in appearance. I would have gone over if I were closer and not blocked by bags and cotes. I kept staring and he kept staring back. And when Jason made me where his hat I must have looked even better because everyone took a look. It always happens when you don’t care how you look and you are not putting yourself out there that the would assumes you are.

Soon Ramón showed up and we caught up. Ramon and I had tried to date but his reputation as some one who has really slept around, and the fact he continued to sleep with my best friend stopped us. After the last attempt to date failed once again and we decided to be friends he went after the guy I was clearly talking to for a month, I was done and hadn't talked to him since.

This was the first I saw of him since then and all those old feelings came back so strong that I forgave him for wasting my time and allowed him to buy me a drink. Well I almost forgave him, after he returned with the drinks he turned to talk to his friend and we jokingly egged a drunk and apparently bisexual Liz to drink his drink. She did with very little hesitation. To my surprise when he turned to find his drink empty and got upset I felt no remorse.

Ramón and I spent the time catching up and getting to know each other all over again, it had been quite some time since we last talked. Everyone else went to Woody's and we went to 12th air to grab another drink, Ramón thought Long islands were on special but it turned out it was Cosmos. It was while talking to him that I realized Mr. M was never supposed to be the person I made him out to be in my head. I began thinking if Ramón was supposed to be. I always had feelings for the guy and he apparently had them for me.

After making plans to go on a real date on the 3rd of December and moving to the other bar and ordering yet another drink I bumped into Jimmy Dupree. Picture a younger and much sexier Anthony Marantino I mean for the first time I saw and thought sexy instead of silly little fag. He was angry about something but would not tell me. We chatted a little introduced the guys we were with as just friends and began catching up a little. I also sang a little Karaoke.

The time came to leave and I walked Ramón to his car which was on the way to a very drunk Jason and Liz. I found Jason and the first thing out his mouth was, "Victor I'm done." For the first time that I ever hung out with Jason he was far more drunk than I.

We found Tia and Sam and I drove everyone home. But my night was not over I still had a private after party with MR. R.

No comments:

Post a Comment