03 April 2013

Here Is Some Food For Thought On . . .


Breakups 


They say the best way to get over an ex is to get under someone new, But having done the major break up thing more than once I have noticed that the best way to work through it is to remember the five stages of grief. To be cut off from someone really does feel like you are experiencing a death. Your heart aches and you will notice that you go through Denial, Anger, Bargaining and Acceptance.

I was really trying to deal with my emotions when I realized that in my grieving there were other things I over looked and by serendipity I found that there are 7 stages for a breakup and they include the five stages of grieving pulse shock and isolation. I was at the acceptance point. Initially I was shocked, in my blog post I made it clear I could not believe it was with a text message. The next few steps did not come in order, Isolation, Anger, Bargaining, and Depression. I was cycling through them all. I would feel angry then sad, and then back into denial. Several unanswered text and blog post later every part of me was trying to accept it. It feels more like a death because someone I love has completely cut me out and turned their back on me. There is no communication I am dealing with it on my own.

The major point in all of this is to stay aware of what to expect when dealing with the most emotional things in your life. When dealing with people loss is the hardest. Understanding your emotions and knowing what to expect from your heart sometimes make it a bit easier. It will not speed things up but it gives you an emotional goal and for me it helps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment