31 March 2013

A New Year Officially Starts NOW!

Sex, Money, Style, Fashion, Friends, True Love, a great body, and most importantly the satisfaction in having it all, Gay men everywhere all want the same thing.

Life is ever evolving no matter who you are. The things and people in it that matter to you can change in an instant from Jazz, Jaiye and a life in Manhattan to Icon, Qhoiyn and a Gayborhood socialite. From Philly, to New York, to New Jersey and back I have been in the search of one thing, true love.

It was my hope to be like Carrie Bradshaw and write about my life and all the craziness that took place, to find my mister big and have a happy ending but several charter comparisons and self-adjustments later I have realized that I cannot be compared to anyone else. So I created my own persona.

My name is Vixc-B 27 years old and I am a blogger, a cookbook writer, a chef and a hopeless romantic. I am amazed at how I look back to see that there have been many amazing chapters in my life and while the largest and most emotional has recently closed I am looking forward to what is coming next.

Some will tell you that you cannot have it all, but look around you. In the Gayborhood on television, in newspapers there are people who are living it up in the now. Sure it may not seem that they have it all but are they happy and allowing themselves to live life? Of course they are, they get the most important thing, they know, “That life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death.” To awake each morning and toast to life is having it all. And the day when love comes and you get that great job and you see that you had fun along the way you will agree as well that having it all is possible.

I have made and lost friends. I have had great lovers and mean lovers. My style has evolved. I have accepted my body type and take more pride in showing it off. I have had awesome jobs and sucky jobs. The thing that gets me through all the bad times is the joy that I get having lived when I could. Tomorrow is not promised although it may feel like it. Never say or do tomorrow what could be done today, tomorrow has its own problems and you can only deal with what is in front of you now.
So I am making a proclamation and promise for myself before all my readers, fans, friends and family. I will not allow the things that I want from life to alter who I am, I will no longer be willing to adjust me to make me fit into the box of what I or others hold up as the gay fantasy, or in hopes that it will make my dreams easier to obtain. I will take pride in who I am and the person I am on the road to becoming. I will achieve my goals for this year and live each day trying to make myself and G-d proud.  

In Short I will just be happy and Me!

No comments:

Post a Comment