14 December 2011

Go For It! Always?

Men come into your life constantly with promises of sweeping you off your feet and putting you on a pedestal but do noting to show you how much your worth. But the moment you seem disinterested, or interested in another they find the need to declare their love for you or how much they want you.

When you love a person or are interested in a person its simple, don't tell them show them. The other day someone proved to me that they knew when I was excited about something, they had saw me excited one time and was able to tell me how I acted and sounded. If was not sitting down already I would have fallen to the floor. I was shocked that they noticed. Why is it that someone who was not trying to sweep me off my feet or trying to get me to be theirs would remember something about me with such great detail, while the men who claim they want me could not?

All my life I feel I have always tried to chase after the men who supposedly were chasing after me, but in reality I was just wasting my time. Why do we do that? Why do we fall for the words without seeing it put into action first? If a guy says he is interested but only treats you as a friend then we should take it for face value. I had a teacher who always reminded my class that, actions speak louder than words. Maya Angelou said that if a person shows you who they are, or tells you, then we should believe them. Much to often we think we can change a person or that “love” will bring out the best in them and make them change.

The heart is an amazing organ capable of feeling things that not even our brains can comprehend. We allow it so often to operate on its own only to look back and see that we should have been protecting it when the wrong person was trying to steal it. We then go into over protection mode when someone who is genuine is trying to give us theirs. More often than not we fail to see the signs until its to late.

All our life we hear people telling us that life is to short, live it up, “carpe diem,” but how often do we honestly take such wisdom to heart. It would really seem that when it comes to matters of the heart that we are a little backwards. We listen when we should watch, listen when we should feel. It almost always happens that after we have a broken heart we tell ourselves, “I should have saw this coming,” or “i should have known when he said. . .”

With the parade of men that I have spoken about in the past there are a select few who have more in common than any others. All the ones who I should have steered clear of? Sure they showed me a good time and then told me how much they liked me, how different I was, how sexy, smart, and how much they wanted me. In the end it always came down to the same thing, they were not ready for a relationship, life was to crazy to get involved, afraid they were going to hurt me. I simply do not get it, why give a speech declaring how much you want someone if you are not going to peruse it? Why take someone on a date, have fun only to turn around and say, “You are what I have been searching for, but I am not ready.” that’s like going on a gold hunt, finding gold and leaving it behind because you're not ready to be a millionaire.

Why go on a search for something only to leave it behind?

No comments:

Post a Comment