09 December 2008

Unicorn

In the gay world there are many times when the leading men change their looks and to their surprise a revert back leads to being put in high demand. Before my move to NYC I had cut my hair and started going with the natural curly look and to my surprise it was a look that many of my guys missed.

I have noticed that every time I take myself out of the scene, when I return I have different hair, not that I am saying I have been in it long but that is just how things have gone. I have also thought about my success rate when the online dating is factored in because it crosses and overlaps the nightlife, my success rate is far better than most.

I have found serious boyfriends, danced with many hot guys, been hit on by strippers, and received many invites home after a bar with guy who only wanted one thing. The secret to such a success is one thing. Live life like the unicorn.
The unicorn as we all know is the mystical creature who looks like a horse, has a horn that contains mystical powers, and can only be captured by one type of person , a virgin female. Now as I have my skills in bed they would have to be matched for any relationship to work. Despite my boy next door demeanor, and my kiss and don’t tell attitude, I have acquired some tricks and moves that make many a guy come back. And with the obvious reason of me being gay a female just won't work.

So I am a unicorn, I am unattainable except by the one guy who has all the qualities that I am looking for. Men love to chase what they can't have. That's why gold, platinum; silver, diamonds and mystical creatures are things men have obsessed over for many centuries. A woman will play hard to get in order to nab the man she desperately wants and many times, it works with great ease.

In the gay world with the right modifications, it works even better. Most single gay men and even some in relationships want what all men want, to be one of the few to have actually been with the local unicorn. Some will brag and others will smile with pride when they see all the losers rejected while they know that had a crack at the hottest guy in the club.

The funny thing about being the hottest guy at the club is that it's always changing. The mood shifts, some popular queen gets jealous, the crowd will simply change and just like that your just another pretty face until the scene changes or you adjust to the crowd and someone who is a crowd pleaser points you out.

Everyone wants to be a crowd pleaser and the crowd pleaser's friend. That is why Jason and I as best friends work so well together. Two funnie men who don’t always want to be the center of attention but can't help finding themselves there and knows how to get to the center and stay there for as long as they like. It’s a balance of power and we take turns holding center stage. In the club scene however Jason can hold his usual spot on the dance floor I can take the bar and when I get in the mood and the freak comes out all eyes are one of two spots on the dance floor.

Yeah we give the ring over to others for a brief while to show that we are not attention whores but we regain it. Its is sometimes hard living life and being the center of our social crowd but we were elected to the position. It also enhances life as a unicorn.

When it comes down to it the modern unicorn is always seen , and herd. There are stories false and true about the unicorn's abilities. Speculations are formed about how one will hold up in the bedroom. All in all a task that every unicorn must master is, remaining in the limelight but always leave them wanting more. A unicorn never gives it all away, the one thing the crowd wants most is reserved for that one special someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment