16 July 2013

The Darkest Chapter of My Life Part 4 “Oh The People You Meet.”

Hello Mr. Abercrombie

So there is not much to look at in crises centers but Thursday during outside time there was my roommate who had the sexy eyes and the quiet guy who was built ford tough and you know would just be one good ride.   We watched as he threw the football back and forth. Stacy had a boyfriend of ten years and while she liked the view there were too many years of looking at the menu and eating at home, that and she preferred black guys. We kept our eye on him and made it our mission to get to know him.

By lunch time Friday after being told the doctors wanted to keep me up to 20 more days in this place I was determined to become some kind of head honcho. If I had to stay 20 days I was going to break some rules, that meant finding out which side of Abercrombie’s bread was buttered, Besides Anastasia liked him too. So we waited for him to sit down during lunch, he sat at a four top and we sat with him.  He was clearly nervous and so we waited for him to calm down and then I got the ball rolling. He would not talk too much when I was around but he did open up to Anastasia when I walked away to get something to drink. He then asked why I was there and when he asked why, his first guess ways guys then he added girls as if to make it seem he was open to all people but to us it just sounded a bit to second nature but I was not yet convinced.

At smoke break I was given a paper that I was only up to 6 more days which meant I could get laid regardless.

Hello Bella

This real sexy Italian woman was all quiet and sitting alone in the activities room and so I sat next to her with no intention of befriending but low and behold she was perfect. I could not imagine how she could be here but naturally it was an overdose. She had other issues to that made me just feel bad, it was all medical type shit, nothing that was her fault.

She arrived the day after I did and stayed in here room. It was not until Sunday that we became full-fledged friends.

When my roommate was discharged on Friday I was hoping it would be awhile before I would have another roommate and that if I did he would be just as if not more awesome than then the last. I went to my room to find a short black guy on the bed reading.  I introduced myself and quickly left to tell my new buddies that I now had another roommate. It was short lived because in the middle of the night they swapped him out for a guy who was 6’5 and did nothing but sleep. The next day at breakfast I told my friends what had happened at which they all laughed. The day was spent mostly just hanging around. There were some groups but it was mostly scheduled fun activities.

Bella, Stacy and I were thick as thieves. Because I had mentioned to my doctors about my occasional Marijuana use they put in my file that I should go to co-occurring groups which now meant I could go to all the groups if I wanted to. My hearing on Friday also said that I would only be staying up to six more days which I was ok with. I knew that going to all the groups and talking to every staff member I could, it would make that even less. Saturday around noon Rachel came in. she was intriguing and it turned out it was a botched impulsive attempt at suicide. She soon regretted it but her husband insisted she go get help.

Along with Rachael I met John. He was a diabetic with only one leg and a good amount of his fingers missing. His story was so said that I will not share it but let’s just say he needs a divorce.

Later that day I found out that the guy who was removed from my room was James and that he knew my friend Stacy, small world. I quickly enjoyed the fact that I did not go to Delco, at least I would not bump into anyone that I knew. James joined our group even though he was in for anger it was soon discovered that he was just in a bad situation at the wrong time.

The weekend for the most part was fun, there was Karaoke which made Rachael a star and then Tanya, a little Asian woman who not only enjoyed rap but was good at it. There was almost never a dull moment.

Bella was in because of her mother fabricated a story about here trying to kill herself on multiple occasions. When Bella read here 302 paper work to us it made her mother sound far worse than we had imagined.

Sunday during our time in the court yard the activities director came up to me and we began to have a very deep conversation and at the heart of it was MeTo. I poured out my heart to here and let here have all the gory details. I really liked this woman and felt safe around her, the whole time I was there I would chat and she would even open up about her own life to me.  It was then that after a week of not hearing from MeTo that I had to accept the fact that things were over and that he no longer cared for me the way I cared for him. She never advised but asked questions to help me come to the conclusion that I would just have to cut him out of my life. I knew I did not want to do it right away which she agreed was a good idea.

 Monday came and I had had enough, everyone was getting discharged or knew when they were getting discharged. I was taking meds and went to every group and now they were repeating. I clamed up and went to my room. While lying on my bed and watching the rain hit the glass block window my psychologist came in and asked how I was doing, he then told me he would try to get me out Tuesday. The news made my day.

Stacy was not getting discharged until Friday and Bella might have to stay the maximum 20 days. We exchanged numbers and prepared for the moment when we all would be separated. James was leaving that day and so we made sure that we had a way to keep in touch.

Tuesday came and I acted like a king, I did what I wanted and was so giddy and happy that they had no choice but to let me go. My mother came to pick me up right at lunch time and I realized how bitter sweet it all was.


Here I made several new friends and some of them I had to accept the fact that I just might not ever see or hear from them again. They served their purpose in my life and I had to move on.  A part of me wanted to cry but another part wanted to just scream and never look back. When all was said and done and I saw the sun on the other side I ran for it screaming, “I’m Free!” in honesty I was free of MCS but my battle with depression was still going on and about to get a little harder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment