01 January 2012

Previously in All of Indigo.

A long time ago a king gave a man some land to pay off a debt he had to the mans father. The man came to the new land and fell in love and decided to call it Pen's Woods or Pennsylvania and created a city of a simple layout called Brotherly love or Philadelphia.

The streets were numbers and trees with parks and before anyone knew it the city grew supper fast. People brought all kinds of different cultures which lead to arts, dancing, cooking and a whole melting pot of differences that later went to become Philadelphia the birth place of the country and later the birth place of VixcB.

I was born April 1st 1986 and thats no joke. I grew up and experienced many of the different things my birthplace had to offer. There were friends that came and went but it was not until September 2006 that things were set in motion that would change my life forever. I met Erica in my Communications class at DCCC, Delaware County Community College. She then went to introduce me to Jaiye Taylor who I was not a fan of at first.

Then that summer I came out of the closet and Jaiye and I hit it off immediately, instant best friends. We were invited to every party and that's how I became friends with his ex Phil G who had just started attending Temple for premed. Then the following year we met RJ who was unsure about where his life was heading, he just knew he was going to have fun trying to figure it out.

Then in December 2008 I met MeTo, he was going to Rutgers University to get his PhD, it was not love at first sight but we soon fell hard. I moved into an apartment with him in NJ and things with my life got bad, the problems I hid for years started to surface. Two and a half years later I found myself engaged to a Doctor and moving back to Philadelphia alone.

I soon got a job at Starbucks where I met Icon an eccentric kid who enjoyed 90's black culture and was quite the socialite. I also met Ivan a conservative gay man from the Lehigh Vally. It was not long before I called things off with MeTo to deal with the issues that remained unknown to me but were causing problems in our relationship.

I I tried to work fast and MeTo and I remained friends but before I knew it there was another man in his life and I made it clear we were not finished. A trip to Philadelphia and the shit hit the fan there was so much drama in everyones lives. Its astonishing 4 months seem like a short amount of time but in that span things you never thought would happen, happen and now you have to deal as best you can.  

No comments:

Post a Comment