05 January 2012

The Holidays 2011 part-2

 After my conversation with Mr. M I got dressed. I was finding that I was still not feeling my self so I pulled out the best outfit I could find. I then made the journey down to Sharon Hill to see my mother and extended family. I called my sister to see if she was there but she had decided to go to church. My timing was a little off as she was 45 minutes away and I was about a 30. when I arrived it was with welcomed arms. Everyone was happy to see me and my mother almost cried.

When my sister arrived she almost cried too. I told no one except my Paternal aunt and grandmother that I was making the visit. It was after having a Conversation with Ivan about some issues he was having with his mother that I knew it was time to try for some kind of relationship. He told me that no mother intentionally tries to be a bad mother or actively makes mistakes to harm her child. I thought about it and knew it was most certainly true when it came to my mother.

We chatted and caught up on each other's lives. My mother had even bought me a gift but I already had it. I was touched by the thought. This was the year I wanted no presents I was happy with the new me and family. The visit was shorter than we would have liked but my sister drove me to my grandmother's and in the back of my mind I could not help and think about the last Christmas we all had with my mother's mother. The reunion was bitter sweet but more sweet.

At my grandmother's it was questions of MeTo and what was going on. I told my cousin the tales of our drama and my other cousin brought his girlfriend. It was laughs and jokes and everything that Christmas celebrations should be. Soon the night went to late night and It was time fore work. My aunt decided to give me a ride and on the way we stopped by to see my uncle, he did not look so good and it sent me to a bad place. My uncle had been battling cancer for the past two years and each time I saw him he looked well this time I saw a vision of My maternal grandfather who died when I was three.

At work I was covering the night baker and he failed to prep everything, I freaked out and sat in a corner to cry. Then the panic attack I tried calling MeTo and no answer. My mind wandered with thought of him with the new guy and I had to call Jaiye. He talked me through the whole thing and told me to drink so water.

My night at work was a long one, 10 hours due to mistakes and having to redo things. When I left work I made it my mission to find the restaurant that MeTo and I went to on our first date. I found it but MeTo still had not answered a call or text. That was the day A Really Old Friend stopped by.

Three days after Christmas MeTo answered my phone call and he decided he would came down to visit me and would bring some things form storage. When he got here I had to be a good friend to him and show him how I had changed. He was impressed and told me that we truly were meant to be together, if not right away then certainly in the future.

A few days latter I had a meeting with all my friends and we updated each other on the going ons. I had the most drama and night was about me being cheered up more than anything. I was so touched that I had so many people in my life who cared. I knew that it was by the grace of G-d that I realized it when I did and decided to live a healthier in honor of him, no more smoking and better choices on everything that I put into my body.

Soon it was New Years Eve and I had to work. I managed to get out by 11:30 and Ivan and I walked into Voyeur 1 minute before midnight, just enough time to grab a glass of champagne and toast in the New Year. I knew MeTo was home sick and a part of me took comfort in that. I could not bear the idea of him kissing someone else to ring in the New Year, that had been my roil for the past three years. A trip to Tabu then Bike Stop and we were back at Voyeur where we met my friends Angel, she is an attorney in Philadelphia and a regular at Starbucks 16th Walnut, she introduced us to here new friend who had just became single for the new year when his boyfriend decided to punch him in the eye.

We all chatted for a good while and exchanged numbers. Angle is the supper sexy lesbian that makes any man wonder what if. And naturally the conversation of what it means to be gay and relationships came up. We all got separated on the way to the bathroom and Ivan could have not been happier. Hit the dance floor and when a crappy song came on I went to find a not so happy Ivan. He was ready to go and I knew I had work in the morning and so we left. On the way out I Found the Waiter.

He had to work that night as well and decided to come out for a little fun. I decided I wanted his silver beads and he wanted something in exchange. All my friends know when I am wearing a thong I have no qualms with showing a little strap, and that what he got.

New Years Day came quickly and after work I went to Starbucks to make a few calls, My In-laws, family and a few friends. Then Ivan tested me that he was going to Target and I decided I would tag along. Running around Target, a trip to subway and we were back at his place then a hit of the bong and I got a call from my mom, I told her happy new year and she returned the same except she had more bad news.

I was informed that me and my sister's friend Towayne was set up and murdered. I was so shocked. Before I knew it I was crying. He was such a good guy who only needed a chance in life and would never get it. It hurt so bad to think about how even looking back there was no fault I could find no I could have done this or that. I ended my conversation and Ivan made it his mission to get me high. I got high and ate everything in site.

I went home and fell asleep to Roger Rabbit. I tried to call MeTo but no answer and so I just sent him a text that I got more bad news. 

No comments:

Post a Comment