13 January 2011

So Fucking Sue Me!

I have said it a thousand times, “Gays love drama.” It is not so much that we go out and seek it, it kind of just finds us. Most gay men handle drama fairly well. It is the ones that like to drag everyone else, such as friends and family, in that most people have an issue with. A little dram in a relationship is fine, cursing and screaming at each other is healthy in any relationship gay or straight it does not matter. It typically leads to great makeup sex.

Recently MeTo and I had a huge fight. I will talk at about the actual fight later. A typical fight is extremely boring. In MeTo’s perfect world there is no fighting just discussing. He talks then I talk then we come to an understanding. Where is the fun in that?

I have a temper, I have learned to control it and see no reason for me to seek counseling to handle my temper, it is under control unless you push me too far. Everyone that is important know the warning signs. The most important one, if I become unresponsive to you, go away. This typically happens because something the other person said makes me want to do one or more of the following. Jump up and hit them, throw something at them, break something that belongs to them, or cures them out in such a manner it would make an army sergeant blush. 

It is not easy to get me to this point, the comments are usually comparing me negatively to someone who I am honestly nothing like, making assumptions, ill advised accusations and repeats of prior conversations indicating the person was not listening and did not get the point that I spelled out so eloquently for them.

This rarely happens and it never happens with friends and colleagues just MeTo you can understand my frustration. Now imagine if you will all this has been explained more than once, I am verbally attacked and I stop taking. The other person continues to drone on and on about something and it is now clear that I have stopped listening. I am tapping my foot, rapping my fingers, giving the look of death and they continue on and then ask why I am not saying anything. So I walk away.

This continues several times, I get heated and we discuss what he needs to do when this happens and better yet how not to let it happen. Mind you everyone else gets it. Finally he pisses me off and I decide to handle it my way. I start yelling and then I am told not to yell. So I lower my tone and start cursing I am furious and my words are the only thing keeping me from killing him.

He becomes angry and doesn’t want to talk so I let him have it all. All the pent up anger is served to him on a silver platter. I tried negotiating with him and he does not want to meet me half way. So I do it my way. The result he is hurt and demands of an apology.

No if you are told not to poke the bear because the bear will attack you, and you go and poke the bear anyway, and the bear attacks you and hurts you badly, do you have a right to sue the bear keeper and the zoo?

We all say no so if you’re told to back off or have you head handed to you more than once and you choose not to heed the warning then sue me.

No comments:

Post a Comment