04 January 2009

The First Weekend

Today I wasted most of my time doing nothing. I had an extremely long conversation with my boss to clarify 3 simple concerns of mine and an even longer online conversation with Mr., MeTo. I am coming to realize that you can’t always put your life out there for all to read. I knew that eventually everyone I featured in my Blog would read it but I am no fan of censorship. I like my new job a lot and truly do not want to sacrifice my career, I am truly blessed to be dating a guy who agrees and is doing the same thing that I am doing now.

I made a resolution to be honest with my friends, but it looks like my honesty is something than I need to work on all the way around. I had began to use my Blog as way to express the things that I had trouble saying, and would encourage the people in my life to read it so they could gain clarity. I have learned though, “LifeStorms” has taught me to express myself period. I don’t have the trouble saying things to anyone that I truly feel needs to be said.

I am still feeling out my boss, I trust him and I feel in time I will be able to tell him what I need to say without sugar coating, and I know in time an hour conversation will shrink down to a 15 minute one because we will be on the same page.

Mr. MeTo and I are really making progress, I have no fear in telling him anything, and I feel he feels the same way.

Today I also found out that Jason is trying to quit smoking, I could not be happier for him. I always thought he should cut back but it was nothing that bothered me or I saw as a big enough problems, especially while I was alongside him smoking. So now it looks like all but one of my friends will be a smoker, good ole Louis, but in time.

Yesterday I hung out with my friend Matt, my mother only knows what I tell her and she loves him, he is by far her favorite of all my friends.

Matt is working part time at Panera Bread and he gets a fifty percent discount. So we had lunch and then went to Barns and Noble. We talked on religion, dating, and work. I told him about my new job and he told me about his business adventure. We both have faith or trust in god that the other will go far given that proper time is invested.

I decided that I would by a book or two with my gift card. I picked up Aesop’s fables and then saw there was a sale on the BN editions of classic lit. Aesop’s fables was among them and it was by two get one free. It became quite the adventure as I tried hard to find three books of equal price that I had an honest interest in reading. There was Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Beowulf, the scarlet letter and finally I found two I wanted. In addition to Aesop I found Pride and Prejudice. Both 5.95 meaning I had to find another that was 5.95 so I hunted down Gulliver’s Travels and to my delight it was also 5.95.

After Matt convinced me to go with my gut and check out fashion, he and I both saw me finding the right book from that section was going to be no easy task so we checked out and went home.
I enjoy every moment I spend with Matt; he is a great teacher and an awesome friend who keeps me from truly going to the dark side of the pink life.

I did go to church today and I think I will make it a new habit, just have to find a church that I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment