03 January 2009

A Resolution

I have decided after reviewing last year and several episodes of my favorite TV shows that this year's resolution would be a simple one of two parts.

Last year I quite smoking, I stopped smoking social pot and learned how to have a good time with little or no alcohol. This year I need to appreciate my friends more, and be more open and honest with them. I know sometimes Jay may get mad and yell but as his best friend I really need to step up to the plate and be the one that tells him the truth no matter how much he may disagree and get angry.

My mom may think that I prance around Sodom and Gomorra, but I have been there and left. I have always known what I wanted out of life, the whole fabulous, well off, in love, surrounded by friends. But as to how to achieve it I was at a loss. I am a loyal person; I have changed and stopped wasting time on guys who don't appreciate me. I even learned how to exploit those who hurt me. I learned a lot from last year, and its time I start putting my knowledge into practice.

Now that Mr. M is no longer Mr. M, he has no power over my heart and if he wants too be friends I have left it not in his hands but in the hands of his actions. No more letting him, or anyone for that matter, use my kindness to better themselves without anything in return. No more dating guys who get what they want but never deliver on what I want. I will no longer hold onto people who don't want to keep me in their lives.

I may wonder how someone can be happy with me then throw it away like Mr. M and Jazz, or say that they want what I want but never fight for it, like Ramón and Damian. But they are my past, and there is no need fretting over the past.

My future consist of fabulous good times, going to new places and returning home to my friends and the man who is going to sweep me off my feet. I am going to work heard towards my goal of three and cultivating friends ships with those who put forth effort.

It's not a year of great things just happening it's a year of me and my friends seeing a return on our investments. Jason and I will have those fabulous jobs we want. My credit and driving record will return to good standing and I will become quite independent like I was back in 2006.

My Resolution is to pay more attention to my REAL friends and focus on getting my dream life.

I started my adult life three years ago and lots has changed, but it was all for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment