18 August 2008

Last time at Woody's

After deciding to go to Woody's I went home to shower and dress. It took me longer than I would have liked to find an outfit but I eventual did. It was OK but not a “hey guys I'm back” type. I even wore a gray wife beater instead of my typical black or white. I did where my life guard shirt. I felt I looked like I didn't care which typical means some one would try to pick me up.

I got in my car and called my job to call out I did just an OK performance of sounding like I had a sour throat. It was good enough though and now I was in the clear. I proceeded to Jason's to pick him up and like always he was not ready.

Before I knew it I was literal fighting with his kitten. This ill creature was jumping on me, bitting, scratching me and attacking my by surprise. He was fun at first but the ill thing started to piss me off and I started to hit for real which only made him fight harder.

I and Jason then went to Louise's house to make an appearance at the baby shower than whisk him away with us to the club. A few laughs and after making a new friend or two we were ready.

Little did I know it was Jason and Clinton's 2mo anniversary. So we dropped Jason off to spend a ill time while we retrieved Tia. That was an adventure as I managed to slightly damage my car's right fender.

After I managed to all in the car it was your normal ride down chestnut street to our normal parking spot. Although it had been almost two month's since I've driven this rout it felt like I had just done it yesterday.

We parked I changed my shoes and we walked to the club only for me to realize my ID was not in my pocket like I thought. I went back to the car, looked inside outside and all around it. Jason and all ended up coming back to help me find it. It turned out to be in the driver seat.

My lavender bad didn't feel any more special than all the other colors I had collected over my trips to Woody's. I walked in looking and felling like I didn't care half waiting on K and my other half still open to the idea that their still may be something better.

Once on the dance floor, nothing I was board. If I had money for a drink it would have been slightly better but sober I remained, sober was all I could afford. I found gorge to say happy birthday and returned to my friends. I spent most of the night dancing with Louise.

Much to my surprise Jerry was not only at the club tonight he was dancing. With some 19year old that was friends with Jason. I was angry and jealous. Jerry had never danced with me, and what did this 19 year old kid know about my 37 year old fling and old crush. No matter how hard I tried to get jerry alone that ill 19 year old was right there. OK he was really more like 21 22 my age or even older because he was able to follow us to the bar but still. Why could I never get jerry to dance with me or even cling to me the was he was clinging to this guy who clearly was not looking for a relationship?

Then it hit me once again like it always dose. Men want what they cant have, and jerry could have me so he didn't want me. I no longer wanted jerry at 37 and still playing games and fooling around with younger guys is not a man who can potentially comment.

I danced the rest of the night away only to stop and have servers older men stare at me. I feared being hit on so I looked angry and stuck up.

The ride how was far more fun than than the club. We joked and laughed and turned getting gas into quite a comedy routine. We paid mostly with change found in my back seat.

When dropping Tia off I announced that I quit smoking when she offered me a Newport 100. Jason said “again” and I assured him I already had quit it was a done deal unlike the times before when I said I was going to .

No comments:

Post a Comment