21 December 2008

The Pink Life

I like to refer to gay life as the Pink Life. It sounds better and doesn't hit as hard. There is this belief that being gay means spending late nights out in the clubs drunk and having wild crazy sex. There are many different types of gay people who lead lives as different as there are different shades of pink.

Some gays chose to be conservative, while others are just out there, and then the rest fall somewhere in between. With all the persecution of what is debated as a choice or luck of the draw. Many men choose refuge with those who are the same and the best place to find other men who are like them are the clubs that pepper many major cities. There are online communities that cater to gentlemen who are longing to keep how they feel a secret but want to escape from a life of lies and deception for only a moment.

We live in a world where sex sells and many have forgotten what sex is. Not just Pink clubs but all clubs promote sex. The whole nightlife scene whether it be straight or gay is riddled with glamorous over use of Alcohol, provocative dance and dress, trying to score, illegal drug use, and all under the cover of night.

The modern Pink Life man is making a point to change. You see the LGBT organizations hosting events that are more wholesome. Showcasing the things that gays have been known to be good at for years, the arts. From film and stage to building and painting, the pink life is more than just sex.

Modern gay are now trying to prove that we are in fact the same as heterosexuals. We are just as good at raising children and taking care of families, we can manage money, work in any field not just the arts, we are different in only one way and that is the people we date are of the same sex and that is all.

Sure I talk about sex freely and my relationships, I talk about going to the clubs and the men in my life, But I also talk about my family, friends work and what I want in my future. To be quite honest I talk about the same things everyone else does, it's just in blog form.

This is my blog, it is about my life and my life is Pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment