30 December 2012

My Merry Christmas!


The holidays were spent with family and were oh so awesome. My aunt went overboard with the gifts and made a lot of people happy.

I spent Christmas Eve night at my mother’s per her request. It her boyfriend her and myself my sister went to bed early because she had to work in the morning. It was surprised to find that my mom’s boyfriend who I shall refer to as Daemon, hit off for real we spent hours at the table talking and enjoyed the seafood feast that my mother had prepared. Mom and I spent a lot of the night poking fun of one another all in good fun. She refused to let me turn the lights on so that when Daemon arrived, the only light in the dining room and living room was from the decorations.

The next morning Daemon and I awoke to the smell of coffee and cinnamon rolls, a tradition for my family but something new and exciting for him. Once I was showered and dressed like an elf it was time to help mother cook for our traditional family brunch. I still find it odd that it is held at my mom’s house and my grandmother is not the one in the kitchen frying chicken, but it’s the natural order and as hard as it is, when everyone arrived I could see that she lived on in all of our hearts.

Brunch was a huge hit, my mom controlled herself and did not go overboard, thus allowing her time to sit, eat and enjoy here company. Mother had invited people from her church as well as our family so it was a big party which I could not help trying to make people feel welcome and laugh. There were lots of laughs from everyone. It was a Christmas truly about family, friends and having a good time around food.

Soon it was time for dinner and so I had to head over to my father’s mother and have dinner as tradition dictated. I opened my gifts from my aunt and grandmother, played with my youngest cousin and pigged out on all traditional black southern fair. To my surprise my sister stopped by to say hi and we decided to go to the house of my oldest aunt on my mom’s side.

My aunt had made dinner and so my sister were down for eating again, not to mention I told my aunt that I was planning on eating as much as I could this holiday.

It was late but it was loads of fun watching my second cousin play with here jeep and a friend of the family play with her kitchen set. The food was awesome as well. I decided to eat some ham but I regretted it in the morning. I told everyone I had to get home to watch the Doctor Who Christmas special. It was a sweet ending to an awesome day.

While I awoke with a headache the next day I was full of joy to the point that I played some Christmas music. It was one of the best Christmases ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment