23 August 2011

Modern Dating, Where is the Chivalry?



I have to say for the longest time I have looked at all my friends, gay , straight and bi and no one seems to get or even demand a little chivalry.

A modern date ranges from grabbing coffee, drinks, a quick dinner and or a roll in the hay. Most times the check is split as if it were friends meeting. Many second dates consist of the same thing. This happens until the two people involved decided to put a label on it and say, “Yeah we are dating.” then one decides to have the discussion of monogamy and that seals the deal, you are now in “a relationship.”

why is this so, Why is it that there has to be so much red tape in dating? What happened to two people liking each other and wanting to sweep the other off his or her\ feet. What happened to surprise flowers and chocolates. What happened to long dinners that ended with a soft kiss and controlled urges? Why do we all say we want true love but settle for people who rather hang as friends first and “date” after exclusivity.

Lets think about it? When was the last time your significant other or potential surprised you with a present, Just Because? When did they get you a trinket you liked just to show you they were paying attention to the little things? Its a bit painful that no matter how much advice I give of myself or advice I dish out that my friends and I keep finding guys who want us all to them selves but have no idea how to sweep me yet alone any other guy off their feet.

I have made surprise dinners, unforgeable birthdays, love letters, rearranged my schedule, and been the supportive type to the point their friends and family told them, “Don't fuck this up.” and what do they do? They do nothing, as if to say the status quo is enough. What is the status quo? You know it, dutch dinners, a drink here or there and basically the same shit you do with your friends. Translation, They fuck it up.

So to all my Sexy Women, Bottom Boys, and Lipstick Lesbians, time to make them bring back Chivalry, if they are not trying to make your friends jealous of what you got, then they don't deserve you.     

No comments:

Post a Comment