27 January 2010

Peeing With the Door Open

I have been living with people for so long that I have forgotten one of the small joys that one gets from living alone, peeing with the bathroom door open. I do not know what inspired me recently but I went to the bathroom and left the door open. I found it odd and halfway through relieving myself I felt a small bit of familiar joy. I was taken back to when I lived alone and I could do whatever wanted such as use the bathroom with the door wide open, knowing no one would see and say something,

To be completely honest this was something that first indulged in when living with my mother. When I knew I had the house to myself for a while, I would use the bathroom with the door wide open. It was to signify that I was home alone and had a small bit of freedom.  Now I must admit I would never go number two with the door open, smells and what not.

 

While reading my book I realized that my blog has not focused on grammar all too much.  The author of Swish uses many words that are not used in ever day vernacular,  some of which I have had the urge to go and look up. So I think from now on I am going to get better acquainted with an old friend of mine, Mr. Thesaurus. I loved him back during my school days, so I think his advice may be what I need to spruce up “The Indigo Life.”

 

Lastly I attempted an apple pie the other day.  Needles to say I consulted several recipes as to create my own.  I do not think many people understand the different sizes of apples.  Most recipes called for 6 to seven apples.  I had about five medium to large apples and was only making a nine-inch pie, like every recipe said it was for. I had excessively much filling and my crust fell apart so I placed it on in pieces, which made it look like a giant brain, I called it Abby Normal.  I placed the pie in the oven following the instructions of one of the recipes and my pie was first under done then over done and the crust was great but my filling had turned to mush. When we cut into it the taste was too tart and I think it needed more cinnamon.

I was pissed from middle to end. But I know what needs to be done the next time. To prepare for my next pie I ordered an Amish pie cookbook, of all people I figure they should have a good recipe for a newcomer to the pie world.


No comments:

Post a Comment